Saturday, January 17, 2009

WORKSHOP 101

Lake Superior State University asked me to hold two workshops as part of the Community Enrichment classes they offer to the public. I was very excited to be asked ,...but then instantly worried about what projects would I do? UGH!!
Well, I got some ideas together, and did a trial run with four of my friends tonight. What a hit.
We made (actually they did) 40"tall garden stakes out of earthenware clay. This was step one of a three step process, but... how exciting. The girls rolled, pinched and designed a large flower, leaves, and "stems". They were so creative and two of them claim to be "artistically challenged".
I think the project will be great for the workshop, and I am looking forward to trying the second workshop idea (hand painted ceramic bisque travel mugs) on my "little guinea pigs".
Step two will be having the girls come back after the clay has hardened and been fired to glaze (paint) there outdoor beauties.
It was a wonderful night with good friends (some old, some new), laughing, eating, drinking, and being creative!!!
I will post photos after the weekend is over.
Happy Weekend.
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment